Passionate and Dedicated Team ready to serve you
Patrick is a Partner and the Head of Strategy and Consulting at EKC Advocates. He is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, Commissioner for Oaths, Notary Public and Patent Agent with more than 15 years’ experience in the legal profession having worked as a senior lawyer with leading local and global law firms, corporations, nonprofits and international organizations.
Patrick has studied for Bachelor of Laws Degree, Master of Science in Management and Organizational Development and Executive Masters in Business and Human Rights. He also has qualifications in corporate governance, business and human rights, intellectual property and sustainable development. Patrick is an Arthur Helton Fellow and a member of the American Society of International Law (ASIL), Youth Encounter on Sustainability Alumni (Alliance for Global Sustainability), East Africa Law Society (EALS) and Law Society of Kenya (LSK).
Patrick’s main areas of practice include:
- Incorporation and restructuring of local subsidiaries of multinational companies and nonprofits.
- Drafting, reviewing, enforcing and advising on complex contracts and agreedments.
- Designing and advising on board charters, policies, board induction and regulatory compliance.
- Estate planning and succession including drafting wills, creating trusts and advising on offshoreinvest
- Advising and acting for clients in mergers and acquisitions including drafting transction documents, regulatory filing, due diligence, regulatory compliance advisory and facilitating transfers.
- Advising multinational financial institutions on structured trade finance and project finance.
- Advising investors and businesses on responsible business, human rights due diligence, ESG compliance and industry/supply chain guidelines, non financial reporting and international frameworks compliance.
- Investment due diligence and transaction advisory in energy oil and gases, real estate, infrastructure, public private partnerships, special Eeconomic zones, provident funds and private equities.
- Intellectual property rights registration, enforcement and defence (Trademark and Patent Agent).
- Advising clients on immigration, work permits, licencing, offshore wealth and employment.
- General Counsel in Kenya/Africa by various mulitnational companies and global charities/nonprofits.
- International development consulting and private client legal support and compliance guidance.
Patrick sits in the Board of Directors of various charities (Daraja Academy, Kijani Institute, i5 Children Centre). He is also engaged as a consultant coordinating business and human rights, and rule of law projects in Africa.
Eddah is a Senior Partner at EKC Advocates. She is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, Commissioner for Oaths, Notary Public, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Company Secretary (CPS) with more than 15 years experience in the legal and financial profession. She has previously served as a Company Secretary and Head of Risk, Govervance and Compliance for various local and multinational companies in addition to working as a Senior Audit Consultant for various leading accounting and audit firms.
Eddah holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree and Master of Laws in Corporate Law. She is also a member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK), Certified Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI), Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK), Law Society of Kenya (LSK) and East Africa Law Society (EALS).
Eddah’s areas of practice include corporate commercial conveyancing practice which involves;-
- Drafting and review of commercial contracts, agreements and leases.
- Facilitating purchase, sale and lease of commercial and residential properties.
- Providing Company Secretary and Risk Governance Compliance services.
- Advising on applications for licences and compliance with capital markets and securities (online forex, brokerage and emerging commodities and other market intermediaries).
- Drafting banking and securities agreements (loan agreements, charge, mortgages, guarantees).
- Advising on accounting, tax, audit and regulatory compliance for clients in different industries.
- Registration and restructuring of companies and nonprofits/charities, mergers and acquisitions.
- Real estate and property investment advise, representation and management.
- Registration, defence and enforcing intellectual property (trademarks, patents, industrial designs etc)
- Private clients’ consultancy and regulatory compliance advisory.
Mugure is a Senior Associate and the Head of Dispute Resolution and Regulatory Compliance at EKC Advocates. She is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with experience representing clients in various courts and tribunals in Kenya. She holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, a Bachelor of Laws degree and is a Certified Professional Mediator accredited by the Judiciary in Kenya.
Mugure’s main areas of practice include advising on and adjudicating complex commercial, civil, employment, land, family and constitutional review cases. She is experienced in:-
- Contracts enforcement, debt collection and resolution of civil, commercial and employment disputes.
- Representing clients in Magistrate’s Court, High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court on Land, Employment, Constitutional and Human Rights, Judicial Review and Administrative proceedings.
- Representing clients in various tribunals including Business Premises, Procurement, Environment, Tax and other administrative tribunals.
- Negotiations, mediation, arbitration and other alternative disputes resolution and settlement.
- Representing clients in prosecuting and defending estates, succcession and probate cases.
- Representing clients in family disputes including children custody and maintenance, marriages, separation, divorce and distribution of matrimonial properties.
- Accompanying clients toattend administrative proceedings or meetings with regulators.
- Forensic investigations, white collar crimes and defensive transaction advisory support.
- Research and providing legal opinion, due diligence and regulatory compliance advisory.
Mugure is a respected legal practitioner with passion and commitment in advocating for access to justice, rule of law, alternative dispute resolution and policy advocacy in which roles she has been recognized and engaged as a member of advisory committees for various community initiatives and advocacy organizations. She also sits in the Board of Governor of various institutions including Muguga Vocational Training Center, Huruma Girls High School and St. Mary’s School Runda where she is providing strategic advisory and championing for education and empowerment of girls and youths. Mugure is also engaged as an adjunct lecturer teaching business law at one of Kenya’s leading Universities.
Practice Management Associate
Business Development Associate
Carol is the Office Admin at EKC Advocates. She has professional training and qualification in Project Management. Prior to joining the EKC Advocates, Carol worked in logistics and events management with various companies and institutions of higher education in Kenya.
Her key responsible in the Firm include:-
- Reception and front office management
- Logistics, procurement and financial systems management
- Business development, IT and social media management
- Diaries management and external communication (postal, email and phone) management and liasion
- Files, records and data protection/privacy management
- General office administration and personal assistance support to the legal team
- Hospitality support and client care